Monday, December 31, 2012

...back to anonymity...

Well, my mom told my dad last night, and then he came out and had a big conversation with me. What you have to know about my dad is that he's not exactly...stable... If I publicly came out online in a way he knew about, it might be a breaking point for him. He basically made it very clear that I'm choosing this, and that if I convinced him otherwise, it meant that the Church wasn't true, his life is a lie, and he may as well kill himself. So, I need to delete references on here to my name. Oh well. His mental health is more important.

After talking with him, I cried for quite awhile. But it was the most peaceful crying I've ever experienced. I'm okay. I really am. I'm at peace with God and with my life. And I'm still optimistic. It's nice to let out all the pent up emotion, though.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog your choice. Many of us choose to remain anonymous. Not a big deal. I'm more sad for your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second the above comment. sorry *uncarved block*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep pushing forward. I'm still dealing with my mom's shock over me not having a solid testimony. Just hang in there. Let go of a little desire and do your best to be at peace with your circumstances. "Be ye therefore complete." Keep your personal integrity as a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mentioned that this was your biggest fear over on my blog about talking to my parents. Sorry it didn't go so well, but it sounds like things have gotten a little bit better. I am happy to hear this. Gives me hope that when I eventually have the chat it will be for the better in the end.

    ReplyDelete