Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I just finished talking to my two older sisters, and we had a really great conversation. I feel really good today.  Overall, my family is extremely supportive. My sisters had a long conversation with my dad last night, and they said he was being much more rational. I probably over reacted yesterday, but understandably so; I was facing the biggest fear of my entire life. But hey, with that out of the way there's not much more to be afraid of, is there? That's exciting.

I forgot to mention that I published an anthology of my poetry called "Onward and Upward" on here a few days ago. You can take a look if you're interested. In other news, I've been doing research into the evolution of Church doctrine on blacks and the priesthood, inter racial marriage, polygamy, and the place of women in the Church. So you can expect to see some posts on those subjects coming soon. I've been searching through the Journal of Discourses and in early General Conference addresses, and I've found some rather interesting stuff. I'm excited to do more research and post more about it.

And now I've got to get to work. School starts next week, and I have lots to do before then.

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see the research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some great sisters! And like you just need to give your dad some time and let him work out his own fears. Think how tough it was for you to realized you were gay - it's the same for your parents.

    And congratulations on the poetry!

    ReplyDelete